Monday night I was the guest on an hour-long radio show on PBS Station KCBX, in San Luis Obispo, California. The program is Trust in America, hosted by program director Guy Rathbun, with guest host Charles Feltman, of Insight Coaching.
This was part two of a three-part program; part 1 was trust in government; part 3 will be Trust in Media. I was the guest for the segment on Trust in Business.
The interview was one of the better I’ve been invited to. Host Feltman teed up issues like:
· the difference between trust, trusting and being trustworthy (3:00);
· trust in corporations, vs. trust in business (5:30);
· should we distrust corporations (11:30);
· how you can build a more trustworthy organization (14:30)
· the root of mistrust in business (20:00);
· what influences citizens have over businesses (32:00);
· economics of trust, trust and timeframe (38:30);
· systemic effects of shift from relationships to transactions (43:00);
· customer relationships and trust (52:30).
The show was broadcast live, and we had 3-4 callers contributing to the show.
If you like audio files; if you’d like to hear me instead of just read me; or if you want to hear a good discusison about trust–then listen to the mp3 file of this interview.