- One-On-One e-Coaching and Consulting with Charlie Green
- A 12-week program
- Registrations are closed as of February 15, 2013. First-come, first served – limited to 6 participants. Click the Buy Now button at the bottom of this page.
If you’ve read my blog (since 2007), or my books (three), you know I help people to become trusted advisors, to get their advice listened to, to be more effective in business relationships in general.
Except until just last year I had only done it through corporate keynotes and workshops.
Phase One in my coaching roll-out is a 100% personalized email-based program, whereby I work with you, directly, one-on-one – through up-to daily email interactions. We start with a good long phone call, then move to frequent email – as frequent as you want.
Is This Program For You?
This is not a personal development program, or an executive coaching program. This is aimed at helping you deal with very specific issues – specific to you, and specific to your personal situation – as they arise, in almost real-time.
Is it for you? It might be, if you fit one or more of the following criteria:
- You’d like to more often get “a seat at the table” with your clients, customers or internal colleagues
- You find selling and business development distasteful but know you have to get better at it
- You don’t feel your opinions and advice are taken seriously enough, either internally or with external clients and customers
- You must successfully influence others over whom you have no direct control or authority
- You have excellent credentials but find that customers are still not beating down your door
- Your repeat business level is not what it should or could be
- Your internal teams, especially remote ones, are ineffective.
If two or more of those items fits you, then this may be just the right program for you. Please read on.
Here are a few sample topics from earlier coachee/client sessions:
- I’ve worked hard to refer business out; why aren’t others returning the favor, and what can I do about it?
- How can we improve internal trust levels?
- How can I recover trust with a client who may have some bad feelings had a bad experience with us a few years back?
- How can I have more of an impact on a higher-up?
Why e-Coaching Instead of Regular Phone Coaching?
Two reasons. One is efficiency. It’s more efficient for me, which means I can make it more accessible to you.
The other is time-shift. It allows us to fit our schedules into whatever time-zone, time-of-day craziness you might have (me too).
And there’s the benefit of having my answers in writing: you can go back and review them anytime you want without having to guess about what it is you think we said.
That said, sometimes it’s useful to drop you a quick audio or even video message; it gives a little more bandwidth, without changing the value of the time-shifting.
How Does It Work?
Let’s be honest: you already know the general outline of what you need to do. More client focus, trust, honesty, collaboration, principles, long-term, transparency, loyalty, customer delight – we can both make that list a mile long.
You already know that. Knowing that is not the problem.
The problem is doing it. Day in and day out, instance by instance.
Even more – it’s noticing when you should be doing it, noticing why you’re not doing it, and knowing exactly what to do in the moment when you have the next opportunity.
That’s exactly why I developed this program.
- Got a tough client conversation this Thursday? Email me about it.
- Got a new client sales call next week? Email me about it.
- Don’t know how to deal with that aggravating customer? Email me.
- Want the progress meeting to go perfectly? That’s right, email me.
And so on.
With this program, you get personalized, one-on-one coaching to answer those real, immediate, pressing problems. Not theory, but what to do when the chips are down, when the rubber has to hit the road.
Here are the advantages of this approach.
It’s Personal. It’s about you. We start with a good, long, feet-up-on-the-desk phone conversation. Two if we need it. We’ll talk about you: your industry, your business, your internal and external contexts. This is not a group program: it’s your program. We interact one-on-one.
It’s Frequent. From then on, we shift to email. Up to six days a week. You send me a question per day, by 6PM, and I’ll answer you within 24 hours, often much faster. No waiting.
It’s Specific. I won’t tell you stuff like “stay customer-focused.” I’ll give you ideas on how to accomplish that in the particular meeting you have coming up this Tuesday, with the particular individual, problem, and personal situation that faces you in that meeting.
It’s Wide-Ranging. As long as it’s within my area of competence, you set the agenda. We deal with what’s on your mind, in your business, in your life. If I can’t help you on a given issue, I’ll say so.
What areas can I help you with? The best way to answer that question is to take a scan through my library of about 800 blogposts and 100 articles.
But if you’re in a hurry, here are just a few sample issues we can talk about:
- Writing sales letters
- Learning how to create trust rapidly
- Increasing your Trust Quotient
- Doing presentations that are trusted
- Doing sales presentations in ways that enhance trust
- Dealing with price
- Handling difficult client conversations
- Trust recovery
- Increasing follow-on business
- Handling leads
- Dealing with clients and co-workers who are older than you
- Handling skeptics
- Trust-based leadership
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Dealing with untrustworthy bosses and co-workers
- Handling yourself when you’re outside your expertise comfort zone
- Networking in an online world
- Building trust in a social media world
- and more
You can read more about me and my background in my bio, but here’s a quickie: I got a BA in Philosophy at Columbia while driving a taxi part-time (still trying to figure out where I got the better education). Got an MBA from Harvard, then 20 years of strategy consulting and internal staff roles to a consulting firm.
Since 1997, I’ve been focused 100% on issues of trust relationships in business. Period. If you work at something that long, you don’t have to be too smart to learn something, and I have.
If it sounds like we might be able to do something useful together, read on. Let me tell you exactly how I’ve designed it to work.
How Exactly Does It Work?
First of all, you can start today. Read on:
Step 1. Hit the Order Button below
You hit the order button, checkout, and get the private email address you’ll use to be in touch with me. I will be notified of this event, and as soon as I can (I aim for amazingly fast), I will personally send you an email to confirm.
After your order is processed, you’ll receive the specifics of the program so we can schedule our get-to-know-you phone call and get started ASAP. My personal coaching email address will be waiting for you. (Plus, I will email you personally, just to make double sure you have my email).
Step 2. Our First Conversation.
This coaching is not about setting goals and programs for improvement; this program is aimed at providing fast, frequent, practical interactions – I think of it as “trust-in-time” coaching.
But we can’t just start off on email, I need to have some rich background from you; I think this is best gotten by a lengthy phone conversation. I don’t need to know all about your long-term goals, but I do need to know several things. We’ll wander around, but we’ll certainly touch on:
- What’s your job or role, and your business or organization? Who do you work for, and what do you do? Send me some links so I can get smart about your company, your business, etc. And tell me what you do there.
- What issues are facing you? Are you an internal staff person in HR or IT, looking for influence? A project manager trying to be more effective? A business developer trying to hold better initial client conversations? Where do your issues come up?
- What is particularly upsetting to you? People? Situations? Environment? What gets under your skin, that you’d like to really address?
- What do you want to get done in 12 weeks? We’re going to be intense; dare to be great – tell me where you want to be in three months’ time.
- What’s your first question or issue? Kick start the journey; where do you want to start?
Step 3. The Daily and Weekly Routine.
Six days a week, you ask me a question, and six days a week I send you an answer.
- I answer within 24 hours, usually faster (I may occasionally have to ask for a little indulgence, if I’m doing an overseas keynote)
- You can always attach links and files, e.g. a report or a slide deck you want me to critique, some background I need to know, and I’ll usually read it
- If you don’t send me a question on a given day, I don’t send you an answer; that’s on you.
- The six days per week start at 6PM, Sunday through Friday; I’ll reply back to you no later than 6PM the following day, i.e. Monday through Saturday.
Here are some examples…
Q – “I’ve got to have a discussion with my client about a creeping cost overrun, and I’m not sure how to set it up.”
A – “Let’s talk about the setting, the timing, and the words. Now….”
Q – “I have a new-client presentation next Tuesday, and I’m not sure how to handle price. We’re likely to be the high-priced option.”
A – “Let’s talk about handling price questions in general, and how to handle being high-end in particular.”
Q – “My boss and I don’t see eye to eye on how to invest in relationships at our main client. How can I get him to change his mind?”
A – “First of all, if your objective is to change his mind, he probably won’t. But let’s find you an objective he’ll agree to. It’s about reframing, so that…”
What’s the “Fine Print?”
Much as I’d like to spend all day every day doing this, I have to put some limitations on it. Here they are:
- Only one email per day. I need your help on this one. Please don’t make multiple lists and dress it up like one question. Make it something that’s important but answerable in a reasonable email. If you ask more than one question, then I’ll have to only respond to the first one.
- Holidays and weekends are idle days. I’ll take Sundays (sometimes a Saturday instead) and major USA holidays. Don’t worry, we’ll get lots done in the “regular” days.
- The content is up to you. I don’t set up a curriculum. There’s no checklist, no assigned reading, no audios to listen to, no training to complete. What we cover is completely up to you. It’s the best way I know of to make certain you get the kind of information and specialized assistance that can best help you. You ask any questions you want, and I’ll answer them.
- I do not guarantee results. See below for my satisfaction guarantee, but I cannot guarantee any particular outcome for you. We have to trust each other to be reasonable and smart. Is this a disclaimer of legal liability? You bet it is.
Isn’t Twelve Weeks Kind of Short?
Actually, no. Twelve weeks times six days is 72 interactions. Try writing down 72 questions or topics rigjt now – I’ll bet you have to struggle to complete the list. But you don’t have to – the conversation will evolve on its own.
Is There a Guarantee?
Yes. Since I deal in trust, you can imagine I have to be very careful about things like client satisfaction.
The guarantee is: If you don’t like it, pay me only what you feel it was worth. Period. No questions asked.
Some mechanics around that:
- I will bill you up front; if there are returns to be made, they’ll be made promptly
- If I decide on your first email that this isn’t a good fit, I’ll write or call and tell you so, and refund all your money immediately
- If you decide at any point this is not right for you, just invoke the guarantee; I’ll reserve the right to do the same
- You need no justification to invoke the guarantee; it’s your satisfaction that I’m guaranteeing, and that’s not subject to qualifications.
The last thing I want is an unsatisfied client. And you can feel further secure because for me to be able to offer such a guarantee means I hardly ever have to deliver on it. Fair enough?
How Much Does it Cost?
Oops, sorry, of course you need that information! The cost is $1500 for the 12-week program. It’s payable in advance, through credit card or PayPal, online. The registration form is below. There is no recurring fee – I don’t automatically re-enroll you at the end of the 8 weeks, it’s a one-time charge.
Here, I’ll save you some arithmetic. $1500 is:
- $500 per month
- $115 per week
- $21 per email interaction
Of course, the only relevant question is: what’s it worth to you? What’s it worth to have a totally you-focused coach? What’s it worth to have advice built around your very specific business and personal situation? What’s it worth to have someone with decades of experience focused on building trusted business relationships on your team?
Of course, only you can answer that question.
I hope it strikes you as very good value. I assure you it’s less than the equivalent for real-time phone coaching. When you consider the kind of dialogue we can develop and build over the course of 72 questions and three months, I think the value becomes even more evident. I may end up raising the rates in future, as I assess the value this program creates.
But the value question is up to you.
OK, I’m Ready to Get Started
All right, congratulations! Our next program starts February 15, 2013. Early bird pricing – a 10% discount, or $150 off – will be offered until January 31. And remember, there are only 6 slots open in this round.
Click the button below! We use Paypal as our secure merchant account. If you have a Paypal account, just click the button below, choose the first option to log in and process your payment. Don’t have a Paypal account? No worries! After you click the button below, choose the second option so you can use your preferred credit card and check out as a Paypal Guest. Rest assured, my team is here to help you. If you run into technical problems, contact Tracey DelCamp at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll get back to you promptly.
I look forward to working with you!