As a follow-up to your Being a Trusted Advisor training, you are able to re-take the Trust Quotient Assessment so you can see if your areas of strength, areas of improvement and Trust Temperament have changed since your training. You will also submit raters which will allow you to get feedback from others about your trustworthiness and how you build trust-based relationships.
Important deadlines for you to be aware of:
March 14: Self-Assessment due
March 21: Rater info due
March 27: Rater assessments due
Here are the simple steps:
(1) Re-take the Trust Quotient Self-Assessment. You will shortly receive an email from “Trusted Advisor Associates” with a link to a brief self-assessment on your own trustworthiness. It is a 20-question survey and will take you no more than 5 minutes. Be sure to check your SPAM folder/junk folder in case your individual email settings alter where it arrives. If at any time you need it re-sent, contact Kristin Abele at firstname.lastname@example.org and she would be happy to help you.
(2) Identify 4 – 6 people you would consider internal raters (colleagues within MITRE) and another 4 – 6 you would consider external raters (customers or other contacts who know your work well), for a total of 8 – 12. All should be people with whom you have worked fairly closely, but not just all your best fans. Try for a balance.
(3) Invite each person to fill out the questionnaire on your behalf. Here’s sample verbiage to ask for someone’s participation:
“Chris, as part of a Trusted Advisor training program I am going through here at MITRE, I have the opportunity to receive a TQ multi-rater assessment to gauge my strengths and development areas in the realm of building trust-based relationships. I would like to request your feedback as it will help me see how others perceive me in the area of Being a Trusted Advisor and how that compares to how I see myself. The assessment is a short, 20-question, online survey and is confidential. I will never see your responses, just the combined responses from all my raters. You’ll soon receive an email from “Trusted Advisor Associates” with a private link and instructions for the assessment. If you choose not to take it and wish to not receive subsequent reminders, please send an email to Kevin Mukherjee. If you choose to take it, the due date is Wednesday, March 27th. Thank you in advance for your consideration and time to give me this feedback.”
(4) Once all your raters are lined up, fill out the form below. Be on the lookout for an email confirmation that we received your rater submission.
A private link from email@example.com will be sent to each of your raters. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RATER INFO IS March 21, 2013 AND FOR RECEIVING RATER FEEDBACK IS March 27, 2013.
(5) Your confidential report will be emailed to you by March 29th. Please take time to read through it so that you can get as much from your coach/facilitator as possible when you convene.
(6) Please plan to set time aside to follow-up with your raters. Suggestions for doing this will be provided by your coach/facilitator.
Questions about the TQ multi-rater process should be directed to Kevin Mukherjee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-983-2531.
Congratulations on being a TQ multi-rater participant. We are confident you will learn a lot from this process and look forward to working with you.
The MITRE Institute, in partnership with the Trusted Advisor Associates team