Let’s get right down to it. Here’s how to tell if this blog is right for you:
It’s a serious business blog—but done with taste, irony and wit.
It’s about building trust—for:
- Those who want to be trusted advisors
- Those who want to instill trust in their selling
- Those who want to enhance trust within and between organizations.
It aims at two extremes:
- Big picture thoughts on trust in business and society
- Very practical tactical advice for practitioners
- Not so much at the intermediate ground of programs and analyses.
My name is Charles H. Green, and I write this blog:
- I wrote Trust-based Selling, McGraw-Hill, 2005
- I co-wrote The Trusted Advisor, Free Press, 2000, with David Maister and Rob Galford
- I spent 20 years in general management consulting
- For 10 years, I have done seminars, speeches and consulting for large complex relationship businesses on the subject of trusted relationships
If this sounds good to you, then welcome! I’ll do my best to offer you a consistent diet of thoughtful, provocative ideas from my own work and from that of others. I hope you’ll chime in on the comments pages and contribute to a dialogue that raises the value of the site for everyone.